UPDATE: Event is ON but David will NOT be attending!
The Methow Valley Nordic Ski Camp is put on by the Methow Valley Nordic Club. They are a non-profit organization with the primary purpose of supporting nordic skiing in our community. The money they raise from this ski camp supports our annual giving budget, which includes providing coaching, equipment, and racing supplements for the Methow Valley Nordic Junior team, free and reduced-cost events to our members, and a co-effort to build out new MVSTA Trailhead kiosks.
This is one of David Lawrence's favorite ski camps to coach!
"Camp is 2.5 days of expert skate and classic instruction. We maintain low skier to instructor ratios so you get the most from your time with our excellent coaches. From early morning yoga classes to post-skiing stretching, we strive to make your experience of learning to ski, or improving your skiing, fun and satisfying. Here's a brief look at some of the offerings at this year's camp:
- Daily YogaDaily PT-led Stretching sessions
- Nightly clinics on such topics as training, fitness, finding the right ski
- Daily instructor-led sessions on snow, covering classic and skate techniques
- Cookies from the Mazama store
- Ski and equipment demos from the major ski manufacturers: Fischer, Salomon, Atomic, Madshus, SmartWool goodies